Thursday, 11 February 2010

Ice breakers

No... I'm not talking about when you are trying to get a conversation started with a stranger...
... I'm living up in the frozen north remember...

Anyway... some poor sod went for an evening walk on the ice-covered waterway that runs through central Stockholm when, all of a sudden, along comes one of those Ice breaker boats smashing the ice as its goes (of course) leaving the poor guy stranded on a piece of ice without the ability to move.

Now after what seems to be hours of screaming and shouting he is finally heard and a big rescue operation gets underway to save the guy. To make a long story short he is saved and they all live happily ever after.

But there then of course comes the question...who was it that said an evening walk was healthy for you?
I bet this guy will think twice before taking another one.

P.s. Somewhere about  --here-- I would of put a picture of the incident but then i realised that there might be some copywrite infringement thingy.. or something...

You never know.. one of my loyal readers might report me...
But of course I know who you are... both of you... and I might get even. ;)

Anyway if you want to see a photo, or read the article, it can be found ...here... at the newspaper Aftonbladet

No comments: