Saturday, 6 February 2010

2723-01 Rocca Guicciarda Riserva 139kr

I was given the task of buying a wine meant as a gift for... my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's step-dad in Norway.
The wine was to cost around 150 Swedish kronor. As my girlfriend lives in a smaller town and as the task was given at the last minute I went to the local Systembolaget. There I found one of my favourite wines...


Rocco Guicciarda Riserva... number 2723-01
I personally love this full bodied wine with its characteristics of spices, roasted barrel, chocolate, coffee, dark cherries etc. etc..

The wine is best suited Lamb, Beef and Game.

Whenever looking for a wine, or any other alcoholic beverage for that matter, in Sweden I strongly recommend that you first check out Systembolaget's web-page there you can match food to wine and visa versa. Check out the information on the wine in question... Here...

If you are interested of a little extra information on the producer I have found this site
Here you can see a map of the region and some interesting background facts... for example... The producer Barone Francesco Ricasoli has a Swedish wife.

No comments: