Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Headless Kiwi COD MWII

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was released in the middle of November last year.
The Call of Duty series first got my attention many years ago when all the local game stores had Tv console versions on display for customers to try. Not having either a Tv or a computer that was able to handle the game specs back then it wasn't until last year with the purchase of a new computer (a HP Dv7 1095eo) that I finally had something meant I could play the games. (I still don't own a Tv) I rushed out and bought Call of Duty 5 World at War (COD 5 WAW)... I played this game over and over.. not getting any better, but I kept playing just the same.
After a time I began to wonder what the story was with the multiplayer. One day after plucking up enough courage I gave it a go. I found "Team Death Match, Hard Core" and was hooked. The first few games all I did was get in everyone's way and die.. then I started learning different tactics and even managed to kill one or two people. Yay.



The release of COD MWII (Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2) was marred with controversy. Mainly because they had taken away the private person's control of the multiplayer aspect of the game... Gone was the ability of private people setting up servers and determining regulations for the play. After reading all the pros and cons, ignoring all the chatter about boycotting the game, I decided to go ahead and purchase it.
I can feel the single player game play is missing something... I can't quite put my finger on what but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did COD 5 WAW. The Multiplayer is both good and bad. In hardcore I can miss the number of opponents that we had with the private servers, but at the same time I feel the current maps would be too crowded with too many more players.
Some drawbacks are: sometimes the game is really slow as one of the player's computers is selected as the server.. Even at my girlfriend's place, I have been selected to hold the game and though she has a good speed for the basic internet stuff.. for gaming it's not much chop for me... let alone hosting a whole match.
You still get your cheats.. though I must say not as many as with the private servers so on the whole I enjoy the game.



So if you have a PC version of the game and you see a "Headless Kiwi" running around say "hi"
Why do I call myself headless Kiwi?
I do so because I feel at times all I do is run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, with no plan or thought, and die... simple as that.

No comments: